The project approved by UNIR initially set out the following general and specific objectives:
Deepen the understanding of the panorama of digital disinformation in digital contexts promoted by and from political actors in Spain, and provide the scientific community of Social Sciences and Humanities with an extensive analysis laboratory on the subject, just as they exist in other areas of science like engineering.
For which the following stated as specific objectives:
- SO1: Estimate the patterns of promotion of disinformative content by and from political actors.
- SO2: Determine the factors that influence the promotion of disinformative content by and from political actors in Spain.
- SO3: Establish the impact generated by and from political actors in the promotion of disinformative content in Spain.
- SO4: Estimate the level of identifying the capacity of disinformation content verification initiatives, concerning the content of this type promoted by and from political actors.
- SO5: Measure the gap between the results obtained in the project, at the level of the political actors analyzed, and the frontiers of scientific knowledge around the study of disinformation at the political level, both internationally and at the Spanish standard.
- SO6: Develop the DisinformationPoliticsLab platform that serves to analyze and monitor the issue raised.